Microcopy

Traffic Troubleshooter for RTX

The Traffic Troubleshooter identifies problems with users' ad campaigns.

Prior to its release, users would contact our support team to find out why their ad campaigns weren't getting traffic. Typically, this was the result of one of several common problems, however, manually checking each of these potential issues was using valuable manpower within the company. As a solution, we built a tool that automatically diagnoses campaigns and identifies traffic issues with one click. 

 

Initially, this tool was released internally. I suggested cleaning it up and releasing a modified version so users can diagnose their campaigns themselves, and traffic inquiries to our support team were drastically reduced as a result of the tool's release.

In addition to fine-tuning this feature's requirements, writing related support articles, and coordinating release marketing to users, I also wrote the UX copy shown here.
 

traffic-troubleshooter.png
Budgeting for RTX Push Ad Groups

RTX users apply budgets to ad groups within their campaigns to prevent overspending, however, there are rare occasions when ad spend can exceed a budget.

 

For this setting, I wrote copy explaining the two types of budgets and how to customize each field. The alert box explains why their ad spend may exceed their budget.

budgeting-microcopy.png
Copy Creatives for RTX Push Ad Campaigns

A creative is a combination of image and copy, which appears as a Push Notification advertisement. The product team noticed many of our most successful users were running multiple creatives with slight variations, allowing them to optimize creatives for peak performance.

 

With this intel, we surveyed users to find out if they'd benefit from having an easy way to duplicate their existing creatives in bulk, which they can then modify however they'd like. They loved the idea because manually adding each new creative was tedious.

 

We built this tool to help them more efficiently accomplish their goal, which garnered positive feedback from many users.

For this project, I not only wrote microcopy for the feature, but also collected user feedback to determine users' needs and worked with product leads to outline requirements, which I communicated to the developers and designers. Once the feature was built, I QA tested it and worked with developers to fix several bugs before its rollout. I also created support articles explaining the feature and announced its release to users via email and an in-app notification that displayed when users logged into RTX.
 

copy-creatives.png
Conversion Capping for RTX

Many of the affiliate offers users advertise on the RTX ad platform will only pay them for a limited number of conversions per person. Because of that caveat, users wanted to prevent people who’d already converted from seeing their ads, because serving impressions to those who had already converted is money wasted.

 

Conversion Caps allow users to limit who can see their ads based on whether or not they've already converted a custom number of times in a custom time frame.

For this feature, I used copy to explain in simple terms what Conversion Capping does and how it can be used to customize a campaign for maximum profit.

ccap2.png
Blacklisted Domain Targets for RTX

RTX users can prevent their ads from being served on specific sites by adding blacklisted domain targets.

 

The copy above the text entry field explains how to format blacklisted domain targets, and the placeholder text within the entry field explains how to enter their blacklisted domain targets. I also include a “Learn more” link that points to a support article I wrote with more details about how blacklisted domain targets work and why they’re important. 

blacklist.png